Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- How You Get Out Of Speeding Tickets In Kansas City
- Marathon Jackson County Spelling Bee Finally Ends
Cops & Crime
Thu November 17, 2011
MU Football Coach Arrested For DWI
By Janet Saidi, KBIA
Columbia, Mo. – MU football coach Gary Pinkel has been arrested for Driving While Intoxicated (DWI).
The Boone County Sheriff's Department Major Tom Reddin confirmed Thursday that Pinkel was arrested Wednesday night, taken to Boone County Jail, and posted $500 bond on a DWI offense.
Reddin says deputies observed "lane and signal violations" and pulled over Pinkel around 10:15 last night, on Keane Street just north of Broadway in Columbia.
Reddin says Pinkel was cooperative with deputies during the arrest. Investigation reports are currently being written and will be submitted to the Boone County prosecuting attorney's office for filing of official charges.
Reddin says because of computer glitch resulting from Pinkel's arrest being processed around midnight, his arrest report does not show up currently on the Sherriff's "0-700" report. Reddin says he's working on fixing that glitch and getting the arrest information added to that report.
Update 11/18/11 9:10 a.m.: Missouri suspended Pinkel for the final home game of the season Thursday and froze his salary for a year following the arrest.