Most Active Stories
- What Would A Sprint, T-Mobile Merger Mean For Kansas City?
- Missouri Creates Unique Medical Classification: Assistant Physician
- Food Critics: Where To Find The Best Slice Of Pizza In Kansas City
- Food Critics: The Best Happy Hour In Kansas City
- Here's What You Need To Know About KCPS-Academie Lafayette Plan
Fri October 21, 2011
MU Curators Pass Buck On Big 12 Change
By Dan Verbeck
Kansas City, MO. – University of Missouri Curators have taken themselves out of the decision to move from the Big 12 Conference, turning that task to Chancellor Brady Deaton. The action comes after Curator meetings this week at University of Missouri-Kansas City.
It was not the significant breakthough many had expected.
Those waiting for definitive word that The University was leaving the Big 12 and signing on with the Southeastern Conference were left hanging. Curators Chair Warren Erdman said Chancellor Deaton has full power to make connections-- "we delegated to the chancellor the authority to make decisions including entering into contracts on conference alignment so that he can take that action without any further action by the board of curators."
There is no time frame for movement .
Missouri Athletic Director Mike Alden said regardless conference alignment, he wants continued play with 119 year rival Kansas. And Erdman proposes hosting a new basketball tourney in Kansas City.