Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- How You Get Out Of Speeding Tickets In Kansas City
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
Tue September 16, 2008
Mo. Mayors Cooperate For Jeff City Clout
Kansas City, MO – Kansas City Mayor Mark Funkhouser first proposed the idea of combining the lobbying efforts of St. Louis, Kansas City, Springfield, St. Joseph, Joplin and Jefferson City. And he says yesterday's first meeting was an unquestionable success that resulted in a unified agenda.
"We identified three broad areas that we wanted to work together on - preservation of local control of local issues by city governments and not preempted by the state, work force development including education and early child care, and the third is transit."
Funkhouser says the mayors will meet again in about a month after city staffs have been able to draft more specifics on the three areas of combined effort. Steve Bell, KCUR news.