Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- How You Get Out Of Speeding Tickets In Kansas City
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Marathon Jackson County Spelling Bee Finally Ends
Tue March 5, 2013
Missouri Senate Leaders Deny Medicaid Flip Flop
The head of the Missouri Senate is denying reports from some conservative bloggers that top Republicans are planning an about-face on Medicaid expansion.
In particular, Red State published a report Monday that Senators Tom Dempsey and Mike Parson were backing a so-called “shell bill” that would be used to add Medicaid expansion to next year’s state budget.
Dempsey denies that report.
“For my part, no, there’s no truth in those rumors at all,” says Dempsey. "My opposition to Obamacare has been consistent and unwavering.”
Dempsey also responded via Twitter, saying in part, “Don't be a lemming. Just because some idiot posts on his blog that I sponsored a bill doesn't make it so.”
He says he wants Washington to instead use block grants to allow states the flexibility to craft their own health care solutions, instead of having one, overarching federal health care system.