Most Active Stories
- St. Joseph School Board Ousts Superintendent
- Food Critics: The Best Restaurant Ambiance In Kansas City
- Missouri State Auditor Rates St. Joseph School District Performance 'Poor'
- St. Joseph School District Braces For Fallout In Wake Of Federal Investigation
- How Debate Over A Parking Lot Could Shape Westport's Future
Up To Date
Fri August 8, 2014
Missouri Documentary Focuses On Three Small-Town Boys
Seventy miles south of Kansas City, there was a documentary filmed that critic Bob Butler says will break your heart. Rich Hill tells the story of three boys coming of age with at least one hand tied behind their back. They deal with crushing poverty, incarcerated parents, and lots of moving around. Juxtaposed with the external hardships, these adolescents must also confront ADHD and bi-polar disorder. On Friday's Up to Date, Steve Kraske visits with one of the film's directors.
- Tracy Droz Tragos is a producer and director.
Hear More: Tracy Droz Tragos' interview with Jon Stewart of The Daily Show.
Up To Date