Most Active Stories
- Missouri Creates Unique Medical Classification: Assistant Physician
- Food Critics: Where To Find The Best Slice Of Pizza In Kansas City
- What Would A Sprint, T-Mobile Merger Mean For Kansas City?
- Food Critics: The Best Happy Hour In Kansas City
- Here's What You Need To Know About KCPS-Academie Lafayette Plan
Tue January 21, 2014
The Missouri Death Penalty Controversy And Voter ID In Kansas
Will Missouri inmates on death row face death by firing squad someday? After a recent debacle in a Ohio execution and shortages of lethal injection drugs, legislators are considering alternative methods.
Host Brian Ellison talks to death penalty opponents. Later, Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach will discuss voter identification laws.
- Mary Sloan, executive director of the Kansas Coalition Against the Death Penalty
- Cathleen Burnett, professor emeritus at UMKC and chair of the Kansas City Chapter of Missourians for Alternatives to the Death Penalty
- Paul Litton, law professor at the University of Missouri and co-chair of the Missouri Death Penalty Assessment team
- Kris Kobach, Kansas Secretary of State