Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
- KCUR Announces New Host For Daily Talk Show 'Central Standard'
Mon December 9, 2013
Missouri And Kansas Bid For Boeing 777x Plant
In what is typically a very divided legislative hall, Missouri lawmakers submitted on Dec. 6, a overwhelmingly bipartisan proposal to offer aerospace company Boeing approximately $1.7 billion in incentives over the next 20 years if they were to locate their planned 777x plant in the state.
A contending proposal is also in the works in Kansas. Wichita Eagle reporter Molly McMillin joins us to help make sense of these proposals and what their impact could be.
Molly McMillin, aviation reporter for the Wichita Eagle