Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Up to Date
Thu January 31, 2013
Mesmerized By 25 Years Of Paul Mesner Puppets
At a recent Paul Mesner Puppets performance of "Martha Speaks" (based on the book by by Susan Meddaugh), puppeteers Mike Horner, Erika Baker, and Finoula Emmons worked their magic behind the scenes. Operating multiple puppets from below the stage, the three brought to life the story of a dog who let a bowl of alphabet soup go to her head.
Friday on Up to Date, Steve Kraske talks with Paul Mesner about his 25 years of puppet magic, which translates to 100,000 kids and adults each year, a slew of characters from a whole host of great children's books, and a journey that's taken him from the icy roads of Minnesota to, well, the icy roads of Kansas City.