Most Active Stories
- What Would A Sprint, T-Mobile Merger Mean For Kansas City?
- Missouri Creates Unique Medical Classification: Assistant Physician
- Food Critics: Where To Find The Best Slice Of Pizza In Kansas City
- Food Critics: The Best Happy Hour In Kansas City
- Here's What You Need To Know About KCPS-Academie Lafayette Plan
Mon December 31, 2012
McCaskill Hopes For Compromise On 'Fiscal Cliff'
Missouri Senator Claire McCaskill, a Democrat, says that falling over the so-called fiscal cliff, the deep program cuts, and big tax increases set to hit January 1st wouldn’t be as dramatic as some people imagine.
McCaskill says Congress would immediately set to work undoing the damage, starting with retroactive tax cuts for all but the richest Americans.
At about midway in the negotiations to avoid the "fiscal cliff," McCaskill was still hoping for a compromise. She told KCUR’s Frank Morris that the President has moved significantly from his opening offers in those talks.
This interview aired on December 21, 2012.