Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- How You Get Out Of Speeding Tickets In Kansas City
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
Thu July 17, 2008
McCain Talks Gas Prices, Gas Taxes, Offshore Drilling In Kansas City
Kansas City, MO – With a cluster of Obama supporters gathered on the Liberty Memorial hillside across the street, Union Station packed in some 800 people to hear Senator John McCain in Kansas City, Missouri. Dan Verbeck was there.
Entry to the station was open to all. There were no hostile questions for the Senator. Some from the floor dealt with gas prices, gasoline taxes and drilling offshore.
"Congress today...which is doing nothing for you...should say today...we're gonna lift the ban on offshore oil drilling and exploration and we're gonna find...we're gonna find that oil deposits and we're gonna reduce and eliminate our dependence on foreign oil."
Senator McCain said Senator Barack Obama has the most extreme record of the Senate. I'm Dan Verbeck, in Kansas City.