Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Thu July 17, 2008
McCain Talks Gas Prices, Gas Taxes, Offshore Drilling In Kansas City
Kansas City, MO – With a cluster of Obama supporters gathered on the Liberty Memorial hillside across the street, Union Station packed in some 800 people to hear Senator John McCain in Kansas City, Missouri. Dan Verbeck was there.
Entry to the station was open to all. There were no hostile questions for the Senator. Some from the floor dealt with gas prices, gasoline taxes and drilling offshore.
"Congress today...which is doing nothing for you...should say today...we're gonna lift the ban on offshore oil drilling and exploration and we're gonna find...we're gonna find that oil deposits and we're gonna reduce and eliminate our dependence on foreign oil."
Senator McCain said Senator Barack Obama has the most extreme record of the Senate. I'm Dan Verbeck, in Kansas City.