Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Thu July 17, 2008
McCain Talks Gas Prices, Gas Taxes, Offshore Drilling In Kansas City
Kansas City, MO – With a cluster of Obama supporters gathered on the Liberty Memorial hillside across the street, Union Station packed in some 800 people to hear Senator John McCain in Kansas City, Missouri. Dan Verbeck was there.
Entry to the station was open to all. There were no hostile questions for the Senator. Some from the floor dealt with gas prices, gasoline taxes and drilling offshore.
"Congress today...which is doing nothing for you...should say today...we're gonna lift the ban on offshore oil drilling and exploration and we're gonna find...we're gonna find that oil deposits and we're gonna reduce and eliminate our dependence on foreign oil."
Senator McCain said Senator Barack Obama has the most extreme record of the Senate. I'm Dan Verbeck, in Kansas City.