Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Mon September 8, 2008
McCain And Palin Deliver Message To Lee's Summit
Kansas City, MO – Senator John McCain and Governor Sarah Palin brought the presidential race to Kansas City this morning with a rally in Lee's Summit. And by all appearances the messages delivered were the messages desired.
As many as 5,000 people overfilled a John Knox Village auditorium in Lee's Summit. Vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin was as much of interest as was the senator and energy was high on the topic list.
"As a matter of national security and for our prosperity," said Palin. "We need American energy resources brought to you by American ingenuity and produced by American workers."
No protesters were evident around the immediate speech site. Senator McCain seemed energized, drawing heavily on themes from his GOP Convention acceptance message. McCain noted winning Missouri is a key to the White House.