Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Mon November 19, 2012
Maybe Twinkies Do Last Forever: Union, Hostess Headed To Mediation
Originally published on Tue November 20, 2012 7:43 am
"Twinkies Saved! Hostess, Bakers Union Agree to Mediation, Avoiding Shutdown."
That's the "alert" this hour at CNBC.com.
Reuters has issued this "bulletin":
"US BANKRUPTCY JUDGE SAYS PARTIES AGREE TO MEDIATION ON TUESDAY IN HOSTESS CASE."
And according to The Associated Press:
"Hostess Brands Inc. and its second largest union will go into mediation to try and resolve their differences, meaning the Irving, Texas-based company won't go out of business just yet. The news came Monday after Hostess moved to liquidate and sell off its assets in bankruptcy court citing a crippling strike last week."
This follows Friday's big news, of course: "No More Twinkies? Hostess Brands Is Shutting Down."
We'll watch for more developments.