Most Active Stories
- What Would A Sprint, T-Mobile Merger Mean For Kansas City?
- Missouri Creates Unique Medical Classification: Assistant Physician
- Food Critics: Where To Find The Best Slice Of Pizza In Kansas City
- Food Critics: The Best Happy Hour In Kansas City
- Here's What You Need To Know About KCPS-Academie Lafayette Plan
Wed December 9, 2009
Massive Free Health Clinic at Bartle Hall
Kansas City, MO – It's being billed as one of the largest free clinics in the nation.
Kansas City's Bartle Hall is the site Wednesday and Thursday for a free medical clinic for the uninsured. It's one in a series of clinics in different cities put on by the nonprofit National Association of Free Clinics.
The group says the clinics are nonpartisan, but the effort is widely seen as a way to pressure moderate Democrats into supporting their party's efforts to reform health care.
Previous one-day clinics in Houston, New Orleans and Little Rock drew well more than 1,000 patients.
The NAFC says an estimated 1,200 volunteers are taking part in the Kansas City event, including doctors, nurses, dental professionals and others who will provide care.
Appointments are recommended and available by calling 1-877-249-5030.