Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Wed June 25, 2008
Marshal's Hunt Leads to Marshall, MO
By Dan Verbeck, KCUR News
Kansas City, MO. – United States Marshals , teamed with Kansas City area police, have tracked down a murder suspect wanted in Georgia. It was a bonus from a five day larger hunt for fugitives.
The five day mass search for people wanted by the law was to center on the metro area with police from Belton, Kansas city, Riverside, Lee's Summit and Blue Springs taking part. But Chief Deputy Marshal Tony Gasaway says a tip came in leading to Marshall, Missouri about a cold case warrant from near Atlanta. A man identified as Manuel Bonilla was arrested in a homicide and aggravated assault. He was also wanted as an illegal alien. Local police had power to cross traditional lines of jurisdiction during what was dubbed Operation Falcon. The Marshal's Service calls it the most successful kind of operation in its history dating to the time of the American Revolution.