Most Active Stories
- What Would A Sprint, T-Mobile Merger Mean For Kansas City?
- Missouri Creates Unique Medical Classification: Assistant Physician
- Food Critics: Where To Find The Best Slice Of Pizza In Kansas City
- Food Critics: The Best Happy Hour In Kansas City
- Here's What You Need To Know About KCPS-Academie Lafayette Plan
Wed January 30, 2008
Mapping the Tow Lot
The Urban Culture Project, an initiative of the Charlotte Street Foundation, got its start transforming empty spaces downtown into arts venues. And it's expanded to another location near the Crossroads Arts District. Several new exhibitions in both locations examine the idea of mapping and expand the definition to include tracing the history of metal bands around the world and one woman's exploration of a city tow lot.
By Laura Spencer
Kansas City, MO – Locate/Navigate - exercises in mapping (part 2)
la Esquina, 1000 West 25th Street, KCMO
Feb 1, 2008 - Mar 8, 2008
Opening Reception: Friday, February 1, 6-9 pm
Tow Lot Vanitas
Paragraph, 23 E. 12th Street, KCMO
Jan 18, 2008 - Feb 9, 2008
Panel Discussion: "Tow Lot Art and Architecture" for 6 pm, February 6 at Paragraph. Joining artist Miki Baird will be Dan Maginn, architect for the new tow services building and Matt Dehaemers, the artist selected for the public art commission. The event is free and open to the public.