Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Cops & Crime
Wed May 16, 2012
Man Sentenced In Kansas City Brinks Holdup
A Raytown, Mo. man will serve more than 14 years in federal prison for the 2010 holdup of a Brinks Truck at a Kansas City, Missouri bank.
Court and police records show the aftermath reads like bad fiction.
The sentence was handed 22-year-old Deangelo Colston. He and two codefendants, who’ve pleaded guilty, robbed Brinks guards in daylight as they went to fill ATMs at a 31st and Main bank driveup.
The take was $130,000.
Court documents show Colston and another man went on a spending spree at a shopping center, bought a car and took a group of friends to Worlds of Fun amusement park.
During a traffic stop police found a pillowcase and backpack holding stacks of banded together 20 dollar bills. They also found a loaded 9 mm semi-automatic pistol.
A cellphone data check led police to a third defendant.
Colston and Gerald Jones of Raytown also admitted to robbing an Overland Park bank and a Country Club Plaza restaurant.