Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Mon November 26, 2012
Lonely In KC
Ever wonder what it would be like to live in Kansas City and not know anyone?
Loneliness is a feeling that we have all experienced at one time or another in our lives, but for some it can be a chronic condition that affects their physical and emotional well-being.
On Tuesday's Central Standard, we'll talk to resident psychologist Dr. Bruce Liese, and sociologist Monica Kirkpatrick Johnson from Washington State University, about the causes and treatment of this strictly human condition.
We'll also be joined by Matt Pearce, author of the recent Pitch article Can't A Guy Just Make Some Friends Around Here? Maybe. that examined what it's like living anonymously in Kansas City.
And as always, we want to hear from you. Call 816-235-2888 during the show, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.