Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- How You Get Out Of Speeding Tickets In Kansas City
- Marathon Jackson County Spelling Bee Finally Ends
Mon December 6, 2010
For Local Sudanese Upcoming Elections Chance To Change Their Fate
Kansas City, Missouri – Several thousand Southern Sudanese immigrants in and around Kansas City are trying desperately to take part part in a referendum next month half way across the world. Sudanese will vote on whether Southern Sudan will break away and become its own nation.
The country's Muslim majority in the North has waged war on the indigenous and Christian minorities in the South for years.
Millions have been killed, or left the country as refugees.
The largest population of Southern Sudanese reside in the Midwest, and many are worried the rules and restrictions on the vote could disenfranchise them from this most important event.