Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Mon February 1, 2010
Local Pediatrician Missing In Haiti: Friends and Colleagues Offer Reflections
Kansas City, Kan. – Turner House Children's Clinic celebrated its twentieth anniversary last week. The clinic serves thousands of uninsured and underserved children living in Kansas City, Kansas. The event, though, was bittersweet. Dr. Frank Vaughters founded the clinic, but was gone on a medical mission in Haiti when the earthquake hit more than two weeks ago. He's still missing.
KCUR's Elana Gordon was at the Turner House anniversary. She caught up with friends, family, and colleagues of Dr. Vaughters, and brought back this audio postcard of their reflections.
Funding for health care coverage on KCUR has been provided by the Health Care Foundation of Greater Kansas City.
Download recent health stories or subscribe to the KCUR Health Podcast.