Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- How You Get Out Of Speeding Tickets In Kansas City
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
Wed May 19, 2010
Local Man Pleads Guilty To Funneling Money To Al-Qaida
Kansas City, Mo. – 32-year-old Khalid Ouazzani, a U.S. Citizen originally from Morocco, has pleaded guilty to federal charges of providing material support to a terrorist organization.
Ouazzani ran Truman Used Auto Parts, on Truman Road in Kansas City. He has admitted to pledging allegiance to Al-Qaida and between August 2007 and February 2010, actively supporting the organization.
Federal prosecutors say that as part of the conspiracy, Khalid Ouazzani wired $112,000 to a bank account in the United Arab Emirates. They say he recruited men to fight for Al-Qaida in Afghanistan, Iraq and Somalia.
KCUR's Dan Verbeck will have much more on the story later this afternoon.