Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Sun July 22, 2007
Local Entrepreneur Analyzes Smartphone Applications
By Sylvia Maria Gross
Kansas City, MO – It's been a couple of weeks now since Apple released the highly anticipated Iphone. The new "toy" has been called revolutionary - it's an organizer, mp3 player, web browser, camera and by the way it can make calls too. But there's actually a lot of other devices that have the same combination of features; they're called smartphones, or palm or PDA phones. Tunji Afonja is a local engineer and founder of the companies GX-5, which stands for Great Experiences in five dimensions. and Efiko Software. Afonja designs programs for an IPhone competitor, the Palm Treo, and he tries to make the experience of the phone more appealing. Afonja told Sylvia that he had to have the IPhone on the day it came out.
Tunji Afonja also writes about his business and analyzes cell phone applications on what he calls, The Blog of an African Nerd.