Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- New President And CEO For The National World War I Museum
Thu June 4, 2009
Lively Collaboration Mixes Dance and Music
Baroque music has been described as expressing order, but always lively and tuneful. The musical period, roughly from 1600 to 1750, includes notable composers like Bach and Vivaldi.
By Laura Spencer
Kansas City, MO – Many of the works from the era are dance music, or inspired by the court dances of the time. So, it was a natural collaboration for the Bach Aria Soloists and the Owen/Cox Dance Group.
Baroque in Motion, June 6, 2009 at 7:30 pm
Owen/Cox Dance Group Collaboration Concert
White Recital Hall
University of Missouri-Kansas City
4949 Cherry Street
Kansas City, MO
Download recent arts stories or subscribe to the KCUR Arts Podcast