Most Active Stories
- What Kansas City's Guilty Pleasures Cost On Both Sides Of The State Line
- St. Joseph Public School Administrator Returns As Stipend Scandal Continues
- Going To Kansas City: Finding More Room To Think, Literally
- NPR, KCUR To Make Changes To Broadcast Clock
- Lawrence Residents Weigh In On Plans For East 9th Street
Thu June 26, 2014
Let's Talk About Death, Baby
It's one of life's great inevitables, and we don't mean taxes.
Death Cafes, where people get together to hang out and talk about death and dying, have started popping up in cities worldwide. Locally, we have two Death Cafes: one in St. Joseph, Mo. and another in Kansas City, Mo.
On Thursday's Central Standard, we learned about what exactly goes on at a Death Cafe. We also explored why talking about death is such a foreign concept for so many people when it's one of the few experiences we all have in common.
Kansas City's next Death Cafe convenes Thursday, June 26 at 7 PM. Find details here.