Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Mon July 12, 2010
'Let's Move!': First Lady Michelle Obama Addresses NAACP Convention
Kansas City, MO – First Lady Michelle Obama delivered a speech to delegates at the 101st NAACP national convention in Kansas City, Missouri. The NAACP is the nation's oldest civil rights organization. Mrs. Obama discussed strategies to address the childhood obesity epidemic and her campaign against childhood obesity, Let's Move!
NAACP Chairman Roslyn M. Brock provided an introduction, as did "Up to Date" host Steve Kraske. KCUR carried Michelle Obama's speech live during a remote broadcast of "Up to Date."