Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Mon July 12, 2010
'Let's Move!': First Lady Michelle Obama Addresses NAACP Convention
Kansas City, MO – First Lady Michelle Obama delivered a speech to delegates at the 101st NAACP national convention in Kansas City, Missouri. The NAACP is the nation's oldest civil rights organization. Mrs. Obama discussed strategies to address the childhood obesity epidemic and her campaign against childhood obesity, Let's Move!
NAACP Chairman Roslyn M. Brock provided an introduction, as did "Up to Date" host Steve Kraske. KCUR carried Michelle Obama's speech live during a remote broadcast of "Up to Date."