Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Up To Date
Wed June 4, 2014
The Lessons We Learn From Our Children
Parenting books often help new mothers and fathers to understand how they shape their children, but they rarely talk about how children shape their parents.
On Wednesday's Up to Date, Jennifer Senior joins Steve Kraske to discuss her book All Joy and No Fun: The Paradox of Modern Parenthood. Our current view of children is relatively new and we'll explore the challenges that presents to today's parents. Senior shares stories from the book of moms and dads that show how they're coping, or not, with the impact their kids are having on them.
- Jennifer Senior, writer for New York magazine and author of All Joy and No Fun: The Paradox of Modern Parenthood.
Up to Date