Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- How You Get Out Of Speeding Tickets In Kansas City
- Marathon Jackson County Spelling Bee Finally Ends
Mon March 8, 2010
Legal Assault On Financial Fear, Greed
Kansas City, Mo. – The Attorneys General from Missouri and Kansas are teaming with the Federal Trade Commission to counter growing confidence games used against holders of foreclosed mortgages.
It's the work of sharks in the quasi financial world. Kansas had no complaints about companies offering to fix foreclosures---and didn't-- in year 20007. Attorney General Steven Six counts it at 171 last year and into the hundreds this year.
"The kind of companies that are attacking and reaching out to get these most desperate people, it's really a terrible thing. And that's why we have filed eight lawsuits against loan modification and mortgage scam companies this past year."
Missouri has a similar trend of financial predators.