Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Up to Date
Thu December 15, 2011
The Latest Art, Independent, Foreign & Documentary Film Reviews
All that holiday spending might have you feeling a little dirty in these few weeks between Black Friday and Super Saturday, traditionally the second-biggest shopping day of the year. To help cleanse your soul, and to add a bit more culture to your life than you might get cruising the aisles of Wal-Mart, we've invited our film critics into the studio to catch you up on the latest independent, foreign and documentary films in area theaters.
On Friday's Up to Date, critics Cynthia Haines, Steve Walker and Bob Butler offer their views to help you decide what to see on area screens this holiday season. They also discuss the major themes in theaters this year and give us their top ten releases for 2011.