Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- How You Get Out Of Speeding Tickets In Kansas City
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
Tue January 7, 2014
KU Med Names New Executive Dean
The University of Kansas School of Medicine announced Tuesday afternoon that Dr. Robert Samari will become the school's new executive dean.
Samari comes from the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., where he currently serves as vice chair of the Division of Cardiovascular Diseases and co-director of the Mayo Center for Clinical and Translational Sciences.
Simari grew up in Overland Park and graduated from Shawnee Mission West High School. He received his medical degree from KU in 1986.
Simari is also co-founder of Anexon, a biotech company based in Cambridge, Mass.
Simari replaces Dr. Barbara Atkinson, who retired in June 2012. Dr. Douglas Girod has served as interim executive dean.
Simari will transition March 24.