Most Active Stories
- How The Royals Chose Between Two Of The Coolest Songs Ever
- Here Are The Prophetic Lyrics To Viral 'Royals' Parody Song
- The Story Behind The 'Royal' Newspaper Every Kansas Citian Will Save
- KU Hospital: Patient Admitted Monday At 'Low To Moderate Risk' Of Ebola
- How One Royals Fan Is Sprinkling A Little Magic On Kauffman Stadium
Mon April 28, 2014
Kim Anderson Will Be Head Coach Of Mizzou Men's Basketball Team
Kim Anderson will be the new head men's basketball coach at the University of Missouri, the university announced in a release Monday.
After 12 years as the head coach at University of Central Missouri in Warrensburg, Kim Anderson's wife, felt the Division II national title this year was the crowning moment for her husband.
"It's nice to be rewarded for hard work, so yeah, absolutely," said Melissa Anderson. "I'm sure anybody would feel like that."
Little did she know that his dream job would be just around the corner: head coach of the Missouri Tigers.
Anderson was passed over three times by Mizzou athletics director Mike Alden before he decided to bring back one of the school's own alums as the next head coach to succeed Frank Haith, who left to coach Tulsa.
Anderson will be formally introduced Tuesday morning at a news conference.