Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Sun October 23, 2011
Kemper ARTcast: Jeanne Quinn: Ceramic In(ter)ventions Part 1
Kemper Museum Chief Curator Barbara O'Brien interviews artist Jeanne Quinn about her pairing of ceramics with everyday materials.
By Drew Bolton
Kansas City, Mo. – Jeanne Quinn: Ceramic In(ter)ventions
October 7, 2011-January 7, 2012
Kemper at the Crossroads
From the Kemper's website: "This exhibition presents Jeanne Quinn's signature artistic hybrid installations that combine porcelain in dynamic dialogue with unexpected mediums, including paint, electricity, and?perhaps most unexpectedly?balloons."
Produced in collaboration with KCUR 89.3 FM, Kemper ARTcasts is the Kemper Museum's podcast series. This project brings the voices and insights of artists, as well as community and curatorial voices, to a broad range of listeners.
Download recent Kemper ARTcasts or subscribe to the Kemper ARTcast podcast