Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- How You Get Out Of Speeding Tickets In Kansas City
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
Fri February 11, 2011
Kemper ARTcast: Interview with the Artist Barbara Grad
Artist Barbara Grad discusses her abstract paintings with Kemper Museum curator Barbara O'Brien.
By Drew Bolton
Kansas City, Mo. – Video Villa: New Paintings by Barbara Grad
February 4-May 28, 2011
Kemper at the Crossroads
According to the Kemper's website: "The paintings in 'Video Villa: New Paintings by Barbara Grad' take as their inspiration the dynamic intersection of worlds seemingly at odds; maps (found several years ago in a cache stored by her son) offering secret entr?e into gaming worlds, and the aerial topography of the boundaries between the built and the natural world."
Produced in collaboration with KCUR 89.3 FM, Kemper ARTcasts is the Kemper Museum's podcast series. This project brings the voices and insights of artists, as well as community and curatorial voices, to a broad range of listeners.
Download recent Kemper ARTcasts or subscribe to the Kemper ARTcast podcast