Most Active Stories
- What Would A Sprint, T-Mobile Merger Mean For Kansas City?
- Missouri Creates Unique Medical Classification: Assistant Physician
- Food Critics: Where To Find The Best Slice Of Pizza In Kansas City
- Food Critics: The Best Happy Hour In Kansas City
- Here's What You Need To Know About KCPS-Academie Lafayette Plan
Wed October 5, 2011
Kemper ARTcast: The Big Reveal: Artist Petah Coyne
The Big Reveal showcases new acquisitions, including the major installation Untitled #1336 (Scalapino Nu Shu) (2009-10) by artist Petah Coyne. Chief curator Barbara O'Brien and Coyne discuss the inspiration behind the work.
By Drew Bolton
Kansas City, Mo. – The Big Reveal
September 23, 2011-April 15, 2012
Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art
From the Kemper's website: "This exhibition highlights new acquisitions to the permanent collection of the Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art. The focal point will be the major installation Untitled #1336 (Scalapino Nu Shu) (2009-10) by artist Petah Coyne. This massive work features an apple tree, taxidermied pheasants, as well as a variety of taxidermied peacocks, among the artist's other nontraditional materials."
Produced in collaboration with KCUR 89.3 FM, Kemper ARTcasts is the Kemper Museum's podcast series. This project brings the voices and insights of artists, as well as community and curatorial voices, to a broad range of listeners.
Download recent Kemper ARTcasts or subscribe to the Kemper ARTcast podcast