Most Active Stories
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Where Are The Best Places To Dine Outside In The KC Area?
- New President And CEO For The National World War I Museum
- Overland Park Mosque Plans Big Expansion
- Missouri House Votes To Repeal Mandatory Motorcycle Helmet Law
Mon June 1, 2009
Kemper ARTcast 5: Interview with Elaine Grove
Kemper Museum had the opportunity to sit with friends and family of the deceased painter to provide further insight into his work and life. Dan Christensen's widow, Elaine Grove, describes his studio practice and the motivations behind his work. A new survey of paintings by the late artist (1942-2007)documents Christensen's "never-ending quest to understand the possibilities of color, paint, and pictorial space."
By Drew Bolton
Kansas City, MO – Dan Christensen: Forty Years of Painting
May 15-August 30, 2009
Produced in collaboration with KCUR 89.3 FM, Kemper ARTcasts is the Kemper Museum's podcast series. This project brings the voices and insights of artists, as well as community and curatorial voices, to a broad range of listeners.
Download recent Kemper ARTcasts or subscribe to the Kemper ARTcast podcast