Most Active Stories
- Missouri Creates Unique Medical Classification: Assistant Physician
- What Would A Sprint, T-Mobile Merger Mean For Kansas City?
- Food Critics: Where To Find The Best Slice Of Pizza In Kansas City
- Food Critics: The Best Happy Hour In Kansas City
- Here's What You Need To Know About KCPS-Academie Lafayette Plan
Thu November 15, 2007
Kemper ARTcast 1: Spotlight on the Exhibition, Part 2
In the second half of their conversation, Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art Curator Christopher Cook and exhibition co-curator Mark Coetzee, curator of the Rubell Family Collection, talk in more detail about the city of Leipzig and the teaching style of its Academy of Visual Arts.
By Laura Spencer
The exhibition Life After Death: New Leipzig Paintings from the Rubell Family Collection (November 16, 2007 - February 3, 2008) highlights the work of seven artists whose traditional painting style flourished in Leipzig, a former East German town isolated from the Western influences of the 20th century.
MUSIC: "Loveliness Extreme" (2007), by Kansas City based composer Ingrid Stolzel , a native of Germany, and performed by newEar contemporary chamber ensemble.
Download recent Kemper ARTcasts or subscribe to the Kemper ARTcast podcast