The Maryville rape case story, originally reported by KCUR in July, topped our most-viewed web content list by a landslide this year. The case garnered national attention this fall after the Kansas City Star's story was picked up by the aggregator news site, Gawker. Also near the top was the merger between Chinese company, SoftBank Corp., and Kansas City's own Sprint Corp.
From this list we can see that you Kansas Citians love to read about things to do, places to see and things to eat. Our food critics' best burgers list was one of our most popular Web stories, as was the news that a drive through Kansas' Flint Hills is considered one of the most iconic in the United States.
Here is the complete list in order of popularity:
- Why Was The Maryville Rape Case Dropped?
- Sexual Assault In Maryville: A Timeline
- 4 Things You Should Know About The Sprint-SoftBank Deal
- New KC Brand 'A Recognizable Mark'
- The Story Behind The 'Enchanted' House In Redbridge
- The Top 8 Trails In Kansas City
- Kansas City Scores The Best And Worst On LGBT Equality Index
- Kansas' Flint Hills Considered One Of '10 Iconic US Drives'
- What Are The Best Burgers In Kansas City?
- Maryville Rape Prosecutor Contradicts Earlier Statement