Most Active Stories
- What Would A Sprint, T-Mobile Merger Mean For Kansas City?
- Missouri Creates Unique Medical Classification: Assistant Physician
- Food Critics: Where To Find The Best Slice Of Pizza In Kansas City
- Food Critics: The Best Happy Hour In Kansas City
- Here's What You Need To Know About KCPS-Academie Lafayette Plan
Wed June 25, 2008
KCUR Morning Newscast 6-25-08
By Maria Carter, KCUR Newsroom
Kansas City, MO – Wal-Mart has told Kansas City convention officials that it's outgrown the city.
Missouri Lieutenant Governor Peter Kinder has signed legislation designed to end a tax battle between Missouri and Kansas.
The Missouri Supreme Court has reinstated a law that allows certified midwives to work in the state.
Republican candidate for Missouri Governor Sarah Steelman is outlining an ethics plan, barring elected officials from getting state tax breaks, contracts or loans.
Kansas Senator Pat Roberts is claiming credit for helping Boeing win an appeal that could result in a multi-billion dollar defense contract for the company. But his main Democratic rival in this year's election says Roberts should have done more to protect Boeing three years ago.
Tests are expected to be completed today on winter wheat from 75-hundred acres in 15 Kansas counties.
The Highway Patrol has released the names of two people who were killed when their small plane crashed in Leavenworth County.