KANSAS CITY, MO –
KCUR Morning Headlines (3 min 31 sec)
- The Missouri Senate gave first-round approval to an illegal immigration bill yesterday.
- An illegal immigration bill is being worked out by the Kansas house and Senate, but some law enforcement officials worry about the Senate's provision setting specific amounts of bail for illegal immigrants arrested for crimes.
- Some local civil rights groups are saying the tactics employed by petitioners for the Missouri Civil Rights Initiative are misleading.
- Lawmakers are taking another crack at loosening Missouri's motorcycle helmet law. A bill that would allow riders and passengers age 21 and older to go without helmets has received preliminary approval from the State House.
- The Veterans of Foreign Wars, headquartered in Kansas City, pledged a million dollars yesterday toward the construction of a Vietnam War memorial and visitors' center in Washington.