Most Active Stories
- Hobby Lobby Ruling A Win For Kansas City Construction Company
- The Story Behind Kansas City's House Of Cards
- Neighborhoods In Kansas City's Historic Northeast Move Beyond City Ordinance
- Missouri And Kansas Among Worst States For New Parents
- Johnson County Ranked One Of The 'Easiest' Places To Live In U.S.
Tue April 1, 2008
KCUR Morning Newscast 4-01-08
By Maria Carter
KANSAS CITY, MO –
KCUR Morning Headlines (3 min 28 sec)
- Pressure is building in the Kansas legislature today for a complete overhaul of the state Board of Healing Arts, and some lawmakers are demanding that the head of that agency be fired.
- Final action is expected today on bill in the Kansas to impose the state's first tax on carbon dioxide emissions. Sponsors say it's an attempt to protect the environment, but some members doubt the measure is a serious attempt to deal with global warming.
- Kansas City officials say they asked Missouri Gov. Matt Blunt two years ago for a waiver from a state law that requires an ethanol blend of fuel to be sold at most Missouri pumps.
- Prosecutors in Nebraska are spelling out why they're pursuing a flag-mutilation case against a member of Topeka's Westboro Baptist Church.
- Powerful winds flattened an antique store and smashed a gas station in the Southwest Missouri town of Buffalo.
- An Illinois appeals court says Sprint Nextel must stop selling Nextel-branded products in parts of the Midwest.
- Kansas City-based Hallmark Cards reports profit growth in 2007 on higher sales of card products and a strong back-to-school showing by its Crayola.