Most Active Stories
Wed March 5, 2008
KCUR Morning Newscast 3-5-08
By Maria Carter
KANSAS CITY, MO –
KCUR Morning Headlines (3 min 25 sec)
- The Air Force has agreed to move up a planned debriefing to tomorrow to discuss its decision to grant a $35 billion tanker deal to Airbus instead of Boeing.
- A Missouri appeals court dealt another blow to Aquila in its bid to keep a Cass County power plant open. The Kansas City Star reports the court ruled against Aquila in its latest string of appeals.
- In Kansas, legislators still are working on an energy bill to allow a $3.2 million coal fired plan project to move forward in southwest Kansas.
- Planned Parenthood has reached a major turning point in the organization's ongoing battles over accusation about its clinic's operations and procedures. That's according to Planned Parenthood of Kansas and Mid-Missouri President Peter Brownlie. A Johnson County grand jury was empaneled in December after a petition drive and announced earlier this week it found NO reason for an indictment against the clinic.
- Kansas wildlife officials report a documented sighting of a northern river otter in Douglas County in more than a century.