KCUR Morning Newscast 3-4-08
KANSAS CITY, MO –
KCUR Morning Headlines (3 min 45 sec)
- Utility officials are holding off on plans to build a new coal fired power plant in a rural area east of Kansas City.
- The Missouri House has passed the state's $80 million supplemental budget for Fiscal Year 2008.
- Tight budgetary times in Kansas City, Missouri could hit two landmarks - the Liberty Memorial and the Truman Sports Complex. Some city officials are looking at transferring Liberty Memorial to the National Park Service because of the museums continued requests for more money.
- A new Web site promises to make it much easier to connect families with affordable rental housing in Kansas.
- Firefighters say a southwest Missouri farmhouse owned by former U.S. Attorney General and Missouri Governor John Ashcroft has been destroyed by fire.