Mon March 31, 2008
KCUR Morning Newscast 3-31-08
By Maria Carter
KANSAS CITY, MO –
KCUR Morning Headlines (3 min 33 sec)
- A bill that would legalize midwifery in Missouri is awaiting action in the State Senate.
- Missouri is one of the most dangerous places to ride a motorcycles. The Springfield News-Leader reports that between 2002 and 2006 the state's motorcycle deaths remained constant between 9 and 12 per 10,000 registered rider.
- The flu season is finally winding down in Kansas.
- The University of Kansas School of Pharmacy is touting a new study that shows that money put into pharmacy education does more than get pharmacists in the state.
- For the first time in NCAA tournament history, four number 1 seeds will be playing in the Final Four.
- The Royals kick off their season in Detroit today. It will be the first game for new manager Trey Hillman.