KCUR Morning Newscast 3-28-08
KANSAS CITY, MO –
KCUR Morning Headlines
- After weeks of arguing, the Kansas City council passed a city budget by a 12-1 margin yesterday.
- The Kansas City School District has dropped its food service provider. The Kansas City star reports that after two years the district faced a $3.5 million loss on the contract with Chartwells and voted last night not to renew the contract.
- The Missouri House has passed Gov. Matt Blunt's $23 billion state budget for Fiscal Year 2009.
- The Kansas House has now given first-round approval to an immigration bill that business groups support, but many conservatives oppose.
- The Kansas City Kansas Community College debate team has won an unprecedented fifth straight national championship.