KANSAS CITY, MO –
KCUR Morning Headlines (3 min 26 sec)
- Johnson County District Attorney Phill Kline say he won't appear before the County Commission today.
- The Kansas City council is set to finalize the city budget today. One council member plans to propose that the city move forward with plans for a regional jail.
- Gardner officials are asking Kansas lawmakers with help financing improvements for a proposed intermodal freight hub.
- The Kansas Senate has granted initial approval to a bill that would force teenagers to wait longer to drive. The bill raises the minimum age for a learner's permit from 14 to 15.
- Several Kansas lawmakers are pushing legislation aimed at holding high school championship football games at the University of Kansas and Kansas State.
- Gov. Matt Blunt says an agreement has been reached that has the potential to turn St. Louis into a trade hub between the state of Missouri and China.
- Missouri's major roads are in much better condition than they used to be. The state transportation department found that 78 percent of major highways are now in good condition.