KANSAS CITY, MO –
KCUR Morning Headlines (3 min 28 sec)
- The Kansas House passed a health care bill funding a year's worth of state aid to help poor families buy insurance.
- The Kansas House also passed a bill authorizing $105 million in bonds to attract a national biodefense laboratory.
- In Missouri, the Senate gave first round approval two pieces of legislation aimed at protecting children from predators.
- Yesterday a federal judge in St. Louis refused to issue a restraining order against the Army Corps of Engineers, in an effort by the state to block the annual spring rise along the Missouri.
- First Lady Laura Bush stopped by an Olathe school yesterday during a brief visit to Johnson County. Bush told students at Rolling Ridge Elementary School that they should spend as much time reading as watching television.