KCUR Morning Newscast 3-25-08
KANSAS CITY, MO –
KCUR Morning Headlines (3 min 16 sec)
- Kansas City may be the home of a new passenger jet assembly plant.
- A Kansas Senate committee has approved a bill banning smoking in most public place, including bars, casinos, and restaurant.
- A bill by Olathe Republican Lance Kinzer would put tighter restrictions on strip clubs in Kansas.
- Missouri lawmakers are being asked to upgrade passenger rail service between Kansas City and St. Louis.
- Missouri Gov. Matt Blunt office has handed over almost 3,000 pages of documents to investigators for Attorney General Jay Nixon.
- Caruthersville, a town in the bootheel, is the next town bracing for floods.
- The FBI says it has recovered the remains of two U.S. contractors who were kidnapped in Iraq including those of a Kansas City man.