KCUR Morning Newscast 3-13-08
KANSAS CITY, MO –
KCUR Morning Headlines (3 min 45 sec)
- Facing a likely recession, and chronically unfunded budget obligations, Kansas City Mayor Mark Funkhouser proposed controversial cuts yesterday.
- A bill that would give Missouri's two largest cities control of their own police departments has passed a State House Committee.
- A bill that would pressure state-run colleges and universities in Missouri bar illegal immigrants has been endorsed by the State House.
- A Kansas House committee has agreed on immigration legislation that retains many provisions that were dropped by a Senate committee.
- Two key Kansas legislators say they're willing to review a law that allows citizens to force counties to form grand juries.