KCUR Morning Newscast 3-12-08
KANSAS CITY, MO –
KCUR Morning Headlines (3 min 46 sec)
- Only one company has filed a proposal to build a casino in Sugar Creek. Wild Rose Entertainment runs two casinos in Iowa and the company is proposing a 135 million dollar facility with 12-hundred slots and a 200 room hotel.
- Boeing has filed a formal protest of a $35 billion Air Force tanker contract it lost to its European rival.
- Kansas City, Missouri residents will vote in April on a petition-led initiative to ban smoking in most public spaces, including bars and restaurants. Smoking ban advocates on Tuesday launched a new campaign yesterday called Breathe Easy K-C.
- Missouri state Board of Education member Stan Archie dispelled rumors earlier this week that the state is considering taking over Kansas City, Missouri's schools.
- The Missouri House endorsed a proposed constitutional amendment that would bar judges from ordering tax increases.