Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Food Critics: Best Sausage In And Around Kansas City
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
Tue March 11, 2008
KCUR Morning Newscast 3-11-08
By Maria Carter
KANSAS CITY, MO –
KCUR Morning Headlines (3 min 29 sec)
- The Shawnee Mission School Boards chose a long time employee as its new superintendent. Gene Johnson will take over in July.
- First Amendment advocates are asking Kansas lawmakers to pass a bill that would protect reporters from having to identify confidential sources. At least 34 other states already have reporter shield laws on the books.
- Kansas Legislators sent Gov. Kathleen Sebelius a bill creating a program that allows care facilities to donate unused pharmaceuticals from patients.
- The Missouri House has endorsed a bill that would put various measures in place designed to make public schools safer.
- Cross-over traffic deaths along Missouri's interstate highways have dropped dramatically, and state officials are crediting the installation of steel cables inside the highway medians.
- The Missouri Senate gave preliminary approval to a bill requiring the use of biodiesel.