Most Active Stories
Wed February 27, 2008
KCUR Morning Newscast 2-27-08
By Maria Carter
KANSAS CITY, MO –
KCUR Morning Headlines (3 min 43 sec)
- Kansas City, Missouri City Manager Wayne Cauthen has sent the mayor and council an alternative budget proposal radically different than the one Mayor Mark Funkhouser asked for - saying fixing a $78 million shortfall in one year would be a cure "worse than the disease."
- Great Plains Energy has filed a new regulatory plan for buying Aquila, after its original plan was criticized for shifting too many costs onto customers.
- Local transit officials begin the process today of asking the federal government to help fund the light rail project.
- Democrat Jay Nixon and Republicans Sarah Steelman and Kenny Hulshof all filed Tuesday afternoon to run for governor of Missouri.
- Kansans could decide whether to replace county attorneys with district attorneys under a bill that received tentative approval in the Senate. The measure would let counties replace their county attorney with a shared prosecutor focused on criminal cases.