Most Active Stories
Fri February 15, 2008
KCUR Morning Newscast 2-15-08
By Maria Carter
KANSAS CITY, MO –
KCUR Morning Headlines (3 min 23 sec)
- Police and fire crews responded this morning after receiving a report about a suspicious substance in the IRS mailroom. Police say initial reports came back negative on a yellow substance leaking from one of the package.
- The Kansas Senate has passed a bill allowing two coal-fired power plants in southwest Kansas.
- Missouri Gov. Matt Blunt and Kansas Gov. Kathleen Sebelius are in Kansas City today for the third annual Governors Summit on Regional Economic Development.
- Kansas City Mayor Mark Funkhouser, and city manager Wayne Cauthen have had their differences, but yesterday both predicted huge shortfalls, unless big budget cuts are enacted this year.
- Kansas City-based Stower's Institute will open a support laboratory and storage facility in South Kansas City.